The Courses123 Sexual Harassment eLearning course is aimed at creating awareness about sexual harassment in the workplace. Sexual harassment is a form of sex discrimination prohibited under the law but is still a major problem in the workplace. It is defined as any unwanted conduct of a sexual nature that has the purpose or effect of:
- Violating a person’s dignity or
- Creating an intimidating, hostile, degrading, humiliating or offensive environment
Even if a harasser did not intend to cause harm to a victim, it could still be a case of sexual harassment.
To help prevent sexual harassment, it is crucial that people:
- Are aware of how other people might perceive different types of behaviour
- Recognise behaviours that could be considered sexual harassment
- Know how to respond if they experience or witness sexual harassment
- Understand the importance of reporting and how to report a complaint
This course helps employees recognise sexual harassment through a range of scenario-based interactions. It also includes an interactive branching activity that explores how victims and bystanders can respond appropriately. The course concludes by describing the internal and external complaint processes available to victims who have experienced sexual harassment and their rights under the law.